Search This Blog

Stay Connected

Like Me Follow Me Goodreads

Followers

Grab My Button

Reading Challenges

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Megan has read 0 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Currently Reading

  •  photo phpBalQtHPM_zpsf9717f98.jpg

Rating System

IT WAS AMAZING!!!! You should be at the book store right now buying it! :)
I really liked it. You should def check it out and give it a shot
It was ok. At least read the synopsis on the back.
Eh....It was alright. It's borrow from a friend material.
Leave it on the shelf!!

My Blog Designer

My Favorite Blogs

Jennifer Laurens”= Me, My Shelf and I winter haven books
Monday, April 15, 2013

Review: Meant To Be


Title: Meant To Be
Author: Lauren Morrill
Pages: 304
Release Date: November 13, 2012
Rating: 3 owls


Goodreads Description:

Meant to be or not meant to be . . . that is the question.

It's one thing to fall head over heels into a puddle of hazelnut coffee, and quite another to fall for the—gasp—wrong guy. Straight-A junior Julia may be accident prone, but she's queen of following rules and being prepared. That's why she keeps a pencil sharpener in her purse and a pocket Shakespeare in her, well, pocket. And that's also why she's chosen Mark Bixford, her childhood crush, as her MTB ("meant to be").

But this spring break, Julia's rules are about to get defenestrated (SAT word: to be thrown from a window) when she's partnered with her personal nemesis, class-clown Jason, on a school trip to London. After one wild party, Julia starts receiving romantic texts . . . from an unknown number! Jason promises to help discover the identity of her mysterious new suitor if she agrees to break a few rules along the way. And thus begins a wild goose chase through London, leading Julia closer and closer to the biggest surprise of all: true love.

Because sometimes the things you least expect are the most meant to be.

My Thoughts:

I loved the humor of this book, although I will say it took me quite a few chapters before I became really interested in the book.

The main characters of the book are awesome! Julia and Jason were the love story I completely did not see coming! Julia was such a goody who always followed the rules, but she was so funny! Jason was the complete opposite of Julia, instead of being the smart student always doing what should be done, he was the "bad boy" type! The part of the story that I adored was throughout the middle. Jason became Julia's "buddy" throughout the trip and turned her life upside down..not in a bad way either. 

The plot of the story completely caught me off guard. I think that is what made me actually realize how much I did enjoy the book! It was not what I was expecting at all! I love the setting, falling in love while in London..how awesome is that??

I would recommend this book to someone for several reasons. Although I did not "love" the book, I did really enjoy it! It is definitely one to pick up!
 photo 3.jpg

0 comments:

Wedding Countdown Ticker